Hotels are a great choice for a winter elopement, they provide everything you need for a perfect New York elopement. You have a place to take pictures, a place to celebrate and a place for a small ceremony with great views! Hotels also offer a sense of intimacy as your ceremony could be really private and isn’t in the eyes of the public. Hotels are a great choice for a New York elopement! Here are 5 of the best hotels to elope in Manhattan along with some tips about how to pull off the perfect hotel elopement in New York!
Top-5 hotels for a winter elopement in New York
1) The Plaza Hotel. The Plaza is a 5 star hotel located in midtown Manhattan. This hotel is opposite Central Park and only about a mile from the Empire State Building. They offer penthouse suites which have beautiful views of the city and of Central Park where you can have the ceremony. The Plaza has a very high end restaurant to celebrate after your ceremony called “The Palm Court”. They also offer a holiday afternoon tea. The Plaza offers a royal wedding location for you and your new partner. After the celebration you can have a wedding photo session all around the stunning hotel with your New York elopement photographer.
2) The Times Square Edition. This 5 star hotel is located right in the heart of Times Square. You will be right in the middle of all the action that is New York City! They offer penthouse suites with stunning views of the Hudson River and Times Square where you can have your ceremony. This hotel also has a high end restaurant to celebrate after the ceremony called “The Terrace” where you can celebrate and see stunning views of the city. Your New York elopement photographer can get pictures of you and your new partner around the terrace, hotel and Times Square! This hotel offers a very high end elopement winter wedding.
3) The Ink 48 Hotel. This 4 star hotel is located in midtown. This trendy hotel is a great laid back New York elopement idea. They offer a penthouse suite with a huge rooftop terrace that has stunning views of the Hudson River and Manhattan where you can have your ceremony. They have an in-house restaurant called “PRINT” where you can go and celebrate after your ceremony. This hotel offers a sophisticated but laid back hotel elopement in New York.
4) The Mark Hotel. Located on the upper east side of Manhattan this 5 star hotel provides a vintage and charming New York City elopement. They have penthouse suites where you can have the ceremony that offers great views of Central Park and the city skyline. They have a Eclectic restaurant called “The Mark Restaurant by Jean-Georges” where you can celebrate, have a nice meal and take wedding photos with your New York elopement photographer.
5) The Marmara Park Avenue. This 5 star hotel located in midtown is such a charming New York elopement idea! They have penthouse suites that have stunning views of the Empire State Building where you can have the ceremony. You can celebrate after at “OneOneFour” which is an on site restaurant that also offers food and drinks in a fashionable casual lounge. This hotel offers a great easy going option for a hotel elopement in New York.
How to elope in the hotels in NYC?
You will need to book your favorite hotel at least a couple months in advance, even 6 just to be sure they have the biggest and best penthouse available for you. This way you will be able to get ready in one room and then elope on the beautiful terrace. You will need to get a marriage license beforehand as well. You can get your license at the City Clerk’s office in New York. The office is located in The Louis J. Lefkowitz State Office Building. You will not be able to just show up at the office so you will need to schedule an in-person appointment through Project Cupid which can be found at https://www.cityclerk.nyc.gov/content/. Once you schedule an appointment you will get a confirmation email.
Having a hotel elopement in New York makes taking wedding pictures very easy. These fancy hotels mentioned above have beautiful lobbies and terraces that make them perfect so your New York wedding photographer can take magical pictures of your and your partner on your special day. If your hotel is close to Central Park or Times Square like most of the ones I mentioned are, you will be able to walk to Times Square for photos or Central Park. Both locations are stunning for your elopement winter wedding!
How we can help you?
Be sure to have a New York elopement photographer to capture the special moments and a New York wedding officiant to perform the ceremony. You can have rose petals and candles scattered around your hotel room. We can also provide a hotel room makeover to dazzle your room even more! You can talk about these details with your New York wedding planner who will help you plan a lovely and stress-free New York elopement!
We hope you found this article helpful when you are planning a hotel elopement in New York.
Contact us now at firstname.lastname@example.org