How to plan your small wedding while on quarantine
This spring became very challenging for everybody. Ban on travel, social distancing, and quarantine is what everyone is talking about and we can see how all that can give anxiety to the newly engaged couples, who just started to plan their intimate wedding or an elopement. But we think that this is the best time to start planning your wedding and here is why:
1. First of all, right now, we are all working from home, so if you were planning to use wedding planning services, this is the best time to reach out and speak to the planner. As many weddings were postponed or canceled, there are good chances that your planner is free and can spend quality time with you.
2. Start to look for the venues. Again as most of the weddings were canceled, there are more available dates and you can reach out to the venues and inquire about the dates that you are interested in. Also, most of the venues are offering virtual tours right now. This is a unique opportunity to do a venue search with your partner without leaving the house.
3. If you were planning to hire a DJ, there is no better time than now to reach out and schedule a zoom session. Most of the musicians and DJ’s are doing online performances, so you can hear them live and decide if that is the person you want to hire for your wedding.
4. If you were planning to have the first dance with your partner, use the quarantine time to actually learn how to dance. Again, all the dance studios are now operating online, which means you can hire a first dance couch and practice the moves at home with your partner.
5. Wedding invitations, save the date, wedding favors – you can do it all at home by yourself. This is the unique opportunity to acquire a new skill, make your wedding more personal and save money.
If you were planning to elope, here are some useful tips for you as well:
1. You can start looking for your officiant. You can check them online, hear how they conduct the ceremony and see which one you like the most. Reach out to them and ask all the questions you were interested in.
2. Perfect time to start working on your vows.
3. You will definitely need a photographer, so start looking now. Again as many couples canceled their weddings, most of the photographers who were booked before are available now. So if you had a photographer in mind, but he was not available, reach out and see if he will be able to take you.
4. Look for the elopement planner in the city you plan to have your ceremony. There are lots of destination planners, who actually don’t live in the cities they offer their services and that might be a problem. We are all pretty sure that after the quarantine there will be new rules and regulations on any gatherings, so every city will have its own rules and it is better to have a planner who actually lives in that city.
5. If you were planning to buy a dress for the ceremony, many bridal boutiques are offering now the online virtual dress try on. Why not use this opportunity and see what dress styles suit you. It will save so much time and will boost your wedding mood.
How can we help?
Dare to Dream NYC is based in New York, so if you are planning to get elope here, reach out to us and we will answer all your questions. We are still operating on a regular schedule and ready to plan a last-minute elopement. We dream big and ready to help you bring your dreams into reality.
Call, text or WhatsApp +1(347)-926-9458